Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Army training sir ... kinda

I arrived at Ft. Dix on Monday at about 2000 and it was a scramble to try and get everything done. I was placed in a room with about 10 other officers, which really wasn't that bad, it sounds much worse than it really is. We unpacked our bags, set out uniforms and upacked equipment for the next day. It was a little hectic considering I didn't have all the necessary items for the next day but I made do. The lights went out at about 2300 and I got up at about 0600. I really didnt want to get up but all my meals are free so breakfast was the place to be. After breakfast ended the class formed up, all 250 of us, into flights and got down to training. Well, not really, we headed to the club and had briefings for the next several hours. After lunch we were issued weapons and gear, atleast I was because I didn't have everything, and then prepped it for tomorrow. That was really the extent of the first training day...not a whole lot of events. Hopefully the next day will come and go as quickly as this day did, and the next and next, etc. I am just ready to get it going and be done. I'm starting out short but will get better at this blogging thing I promise.

2 comments:

  1. You posted! lol! I hope things start going a little smoother now that things have started. You are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! A Blog Post! YAY! I am glad things are getting easier, hopefully both of our days will start going faster and this will be over before we know it! We all Love and Miss you TONS!!! Please be safe and I can't wait to talk to you soon! Sleep Well! I LOVE YOU!!! -XOXO

    ReplyDelete