Saturday, June 20, 2009

Half way there, HUA

I am half way through training and our one day weekend has officially begun. The last two days we completed convoy training and combat first aid. The two days were fun and I'm glad we got through each of them unscathed. Unfortunately the worst part was watching IEDs go off in Iraq and Afghanistan. If I used foul language, which I don't, I would definitely use at there expense.

Anyway, convoy ops was enjoyable ... lots of training/techniques in the morning and then hands on after lunch. Lots of bangs, booms and smoke to distract our efforts. We successfully manuevered through the course, only a few IED attacks :), before completing the day. It was extremely valuable training, I only wish we were allowed to do more, oh well.


Combat first aid was more classroom then hands on, and quite frankly a lot of sitting around. It was extremely valuable though and I believe I learned a lot, even from the disgusting photos and videos we were priviledged to watch.

One last thing before I go, New Jersey is really hot and wet ... yuck. It's pretty muggy all day and it has rained just about everyday, you can imagine what thats like out in the elements doing Army stuff or in our case Air Force stuff on steroids. I'll check in in the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment