Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day 2 in the books

Training day two is complete and I am now a highly trained ground pounder, or Army man for those that need translating. We studied weapons and ground tactics ... different formations, positions, etc. The best part was then we got to perform them. It really wasn't a difficult day but many people were dragging becuase of all the gear they were required to carry. We learned all morning and then the afternoon was the application portion. The instructors fired blanks, threw smoke grenades and all the fun stuff Army men do. I'm glad it's over none the less but I'm afraid tomorrow will be a bit more painful. We are going to do the combative course which is hand to hand combat ... yippee, I couldn't be more excited, not really. My guess is that it will come and go like today and really not be too bad.

Well, tomorrow is another day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment